Monday July 7, 2008 2nd Update
The Apprentice School (VA): is looking for a part-time linebackers coach. Located in Newport News, Va., the Apprentice School plays in the Atlantic Central Football Conference. Job includes a stipend, some meals and partial housing. Please e-mail resumes to or by fax to 757-688-3750.
United States Merchant Marine Academy: Assistant Football Coach. Restricted Earnings position - Assist the Head Coach in all phases of the Football Program including coaching your own position, scouting, recruitment of student-athletes, and other duties to be assigned. Offensive or Defensive position TBD. USMMA is one of the five Federal Academies. Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to coach successfully at the college level and the ability to support the mission of the academic, regimental and athletic excellence of USMMA. Room and board and a stipend are included. More information about the Academy can be found at http://www.usmma.edu <http://www.usmma.edu/> . USMMA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Please send all resumes and references to
Monday July 7, 2008
- FootballScoop is on location this week with over 120 coaches at the Manning Passing Academy in south Louisiana. We will have updates throughout the week.
- Take advantage of SALE prices in our Coaching Books & DVD's catalog. New releases from NFL and D1 coaches are available now.
Bridgewater College (VA): Ben Taylor hired to coach the linebackers. Taylor is a former Virginia Tech and Cleveland Browns player. Troy Shaffer also joins the staff as an offensive assistant.
Georgia State: Head coach Bill Curry has hired John Bond as offensive coordinator. Bond spent last season as the offensive coordinator on Chan Gailey's staff at Georgia Tech. George Pugh has also been hired to coach the wide receivers at Georgia State. Pugh previously coached at the University of Houston. Previous to his time at Houston, Pugh coached on the staff at UAB and Arkansas.
University of Nebraska at Kearney: Jason Kradman joins the staff as offensive GA. Kradman comes from Proviso West HS in Chicago, IL.
Fort Scott Community College (KS): Fort Scott CC is looking to hire a defensive assistant & special teams coordinator. Pay is low $20,000 range with room & board available. No phone calls please. Email Start date is August 4th.
Sunday July 6, 2008
Weekly Poll Result: 4 great assistant coaches: Best coach to talk ball with?
46% Sonny Dykes (University of Arizona) 21% Charlie Partridge (University of Wisconsin)18% Dabo Swinney (Clemson University)16% Tim Albin (Ohio University) Georgia State: Head coach Bill Curry has hired John Bond as offensive coordinator. Bond spent last season as the offensive coordinator on Chan Gailey's staff at Georgia Tech. George Pugh has also been hired to coach the wide receivers at Georgia State. Pugh previously coached at the University of Houston. Previous to his time at Houston, Pugh coached on the staff at UAB and Arkansas.
Iona University: Jake Zweig has been hired as an assistant coach. Zweig coached last season at Catholic University. He is also a former University of Maryland graduate assistant.
Thursday July 3, 2008 2nd Update
Dartmouth College: Football Video Coordinator/ Football Operations Responsible for hiring, training and supervising the video film crew; coordinating video setup, taping and editing all practices and games; coordinating all video exchanges with opponents; production of season ending highlight video. Prefer experience operating the DVSport Software System. Responsible for assisting with the following Football Operations: coordination of football team travel; oversight of maintenance and scheduling of football facilities; spring alumni golf outing and fall football reunion weekends; organization and daily operation of football office. $20-$30K depending on experience. Please fax resumes to 603.646.3576 or email with cover letter and resume. Please no phone calls.
Manchester College: seeks an offensive line intern coach for the upcoming season. Candidate must have playing or coaching experience with the offensive line, knowledge of the spread offense, and zone blocking schemes. This position will also have an assigned recruiting area. Bachelor's degree. This is a 9-month position from August 1 to May 1 and requires hours seven days a week throughout the football season. During recruiting season, a five-day work week schedule includes nightly phone calls to recruits and some Saturday hours. In addition, some travel is required. This is an hourly paid position. A meal plan is provided and discounted housing may be available. Participation in school's insurance plan is available. Please send resume and references to .
Thursday July 3, 2008
Vote in our Weekly Poll on the homepage.
Jackson State: It appears J.J. Plummer is a strong candidate for the wide receivers job at Jackson State. Plummer is currently the wide receivers coach at Hinds CC.
New Orleans Saints: The Saints have hired Brian Adams as assistant director of college scouting. Adams previously served as a college scout with the Carolina Panthers since 2001.
Catholic University: in Washington DC. is seeking applicants for an assistant football coach. This is a full time 9 month position. Applicants with defensive line of defensive back experience are requested. Duties will included assisting coaching staff in day to day operations, coach either defensive line or defensive backs, on road recruiting, and any other administrative tasks assigned by the head coach. Bachelors degree required. College coaching and video editing experience preferred. Email cover letter, resume, and references to Dave Dunn, Head Football Coach, at . Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Review of applicants will begin immediately.
Lincoln University: (Quarterbacks) - an NCAA II member, is seeking applicants for an assistant football coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching the quarterbacks, recruiting, film breakdown, academic success monitoring and other duties as assigned by the head football coach. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree. Preference will be given to candidates with college coaching experience, and Division II recruiting experience. Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment-related references via email to Samuel Bryant, Assistant Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator at . No phone calls please.
NCAA Football Coaches Academy: The NCAA has invited 26 coaches who aspire to be head coaches at member colleges and universities to its Football Coaches Academy, June 29 - July 1, in Indianapolis. The Academy is designed to reinforce various aspects of securing, managing and excelling in head football coaching positions at the intercollegiate level. The participants are current football coaches at NCAA colleges and universities who have up to eight years of experience coaching football.
- Theron Aych, assistant coach, University of Central Missouri
- Chris Beatty, running back and slot receivers coach, West Virginia University
- Cheston Blackshear, offensive line coach, Columbia University
- Keith Braxton, assistant football coach, Edinboro University of PA
- Cornelius Corprew, wide receiver coach/head track coach, Livingstone College
- Ulrick Edmonds, recruiting coordinator, running back coach, James Madison University
- Steve Ellis, defensive coordinator & defensive backs coach, Nicholls State University
- Joseph Gaither, recruiting coordinator, Winston-Salem State University
- Ernest Henderson, assistant football coach, Princeton University
- William Jackson, offensive coordinator, Frostburg State University
- Bruce Johnson, special teams coordinator & offensive line coach, Jackson State
- Omar King, assistant football coach, Long Island University-CW Post campus
- Jimmy Lindsey, defensive ends/co-special teams coordinator, Miami University (Ohio)
- Van Malone, assistant football coach, Texas A&M University
- Kevin Moore, assistant football coach, Catholic University
- Michael Morand, offensive coordinator, Virginia State University
- Jeffrey Parker, pass game coordinator, Norfolk State University
- Jeffrey Phelps, assistant football coach, Northern Illinois University
- Jason Phillips, assistant coach, University of Houston
- Sidney Powell, assistant coach, Ball State University
- Marshall Roberts, secondary coach, Liberty University
- John Scott, defensive line coach, Western Carolina University
- Junior Smith, assistant coach, East Carolina University
- Willie Taggart, assistant coach, Stanford University
- Floyd Webb, assistant coach, Grinnell College
- Terrell Williams, defensive line coach, Purdue University