Monday August 17, 2009
South Dakota: We hear the head job has been filled.
Wednesday August 12, 2009 (Update 2)
University of Pittsburgh: a NCAA Division I institution and member of the Big East Conference has a opening for Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach in Olympic Sports. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing programs for strength training, conditioning, speed improvement, and testing procedures for assigned teams, weight room upkeep, equipment maintenance and other duties assigned by the head strength coach. Candidates will communicate and work with the athletic training staff to effectively design programs for injured athletes. Bachelor's degree in exercise science, physical education or related area required. Certification with CSCCa or NSCA required. Experience in working with both male and female athletes. Basic computer skills required; Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc. Interested applicants should apply online at: http://www.pittsource.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=62903
Wednesday August 12, 2009
Davidson: Former Central Michigan assistant, Craig Swieton, has accepted the head strength position at Davidson.
Tuesday August 11, 2009
University of Washington: Former quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo has joined the strength & conditioning staff as a full-time strength assistant.
Friday August 7, 2009 (Update 2)
Pittsburgh: The PITT Football Physical Preparation Staff is currently accepting applications for interns for the 2009 season. Duties Include:
- Supervising athletes during weight room and field based training
- Transportation, set up, breakdown of training equipment
- Cleaning areas of weight room and training equipment
Candidates must have:
- Experience in instructing weight training and field training drills
- an interest in becoming a coach/trainer of athletes
- a strong work ethic
What will place you at an advantage:
- Being able to lead Division 1 American football players by example in the weight room and field based training
- Internships are unpaid positions. Interns are responsible for arranging housing and transportation
How to Apply: