Tuesday August 11, 2009
University of Washington: Former quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo has joined the strength & conditioning staff as a full-time strength assistant.
Friday August 7, 2009 (Update 2)
Pittsburgh: The PITT Football Physical Preparation Staff is currently accepting applications for interns for the 2009 season. Duties Include:
- Supervising athletes during weight room and field based training
- Transportation, set up, breakdown of training equipment
- Cleaning areas of weight room and training equipment
Candidates must have:
- Experience in instructing weight training and field training drills
- an interest in becoming a coach/trainer of athletes
- a strong work ethic
What will place you at an advantage:
Friday August 7, 2009
- Being able to lead Division 1 American football players by example in the weight room and field based training
- Internships are unpaid positions. Interns are responsible for arranging housing and transportation
How to Apply:
- Email a one page letter to that describes yourself and explains why you would like to intern with the coaching staff
Eastern Illinois University: Part Time Strength and Conditioning Coach - Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing programs for strength training, conditioning, speed improvement, and testing procedures for assigned teams. Candidates will communicate and work with the athletic training staff to effectively design programs for injured atheltes. Other duties as assigned. This is a non-benefit position that will pay $20,000. Bachelor's degree in exercise science, physical education or related area required. Certification with CSCCa or NSCA required. Experience in working with both male and female athletes. Basic computer skills required; Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc. Interested applicants should send a letter of application, resume and list of references to: Eric Cash, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Eastern Illinois University, 600 Lincoln Ave., Charlestion, IL 61920 or email to .
Wednesday August 4, 2009
Portland State: We are hearing that Hawaii assistant strength coach Steve Englehart is joining the staff at Portland State.
Tuesday August 4, 2009
Long Beach State: Former Temple University strength coach Jamie Hiegel has accepted the head strength job at LBSU.
Clemson: We are hearing that Stanford strength assistant, Preston Greene, has accepted the open strength position at Clemson.