Watch every Oregon touchdown from last season. All 89 of them.
- Published: Thursday, 14 February 2013 13:21
- by Zach Barnett
We're now in the middle of February, which means the 2012 season is becoming more and more of a distant memory and the 2013 season still feels a full 12 month away. So why not take 14 minutes to watch all 89 touchdowns Oregon scored in the 2012 season?
First, a few observations:
- It seems like every touchdown pass comes off of play action.
- Much is made of the Ducks' speed and how quickly they get the ball in space, but a great number of Oregon's touchdowns come after first (and sometimes second, third and fourth) contact. When you get a hand on these guys, you'd better get them down or they'll make you regret it.
- Marcus Mariota demonstrated a great ability to keep plays seemingly alive from Day 1.
- I can't decide what's more under-appreciated about Kenjon Barner, his patience or his toughness.
- The most impressive score of the bunch comes at the 8:20 mark when De'Anthony Thomas scooped up a punt off a bouce, retreated and then raced 73 yards down the left sideline in a 70-14 win over Colorado.
- For those not keeping score at home: Oregon totaled 48 rushing touchdowns, 35 passing, four interception returns, one punt return and one kickoff return.
- Joe Tessitore and Matt Millen called a lot of Oregon games.
- With the exception of Kenjon Barner, the vast majority of Oregon's touchdown makers are back in 2013.