Video: Bielema unveils new uniforms
Looks like Wisconsin will be sporting uniforms very similar to Nebraska's when the two teams face off on September 29th in the game being dubbed the "Unrivaled Game." Bielema also notes in the clip that the cleats that the Badgers will wear will be reflective.
Players were both surprised and excited for the change of pace.
What an official offer letter from 'Bama looks like
Alex Scarborough of ESPN tweeted out this picture earlier this morning of what an official offer letter for the class of 2013 looks like coming from Nick Saban.
As you can see in the second sentence, the scholarship is good for 4 years as a member of the Crimson Tide, "Your scholarship will be effective with the start of the fall semester of 2013 and is good through your four years of eligibility."
New roles for ESPN commentators
Roles for ESPN commentators have been shuffled around a bit for this season.
May familiar faces will take over new assignments. A full break down can be seen below. More information on the changes can be seen here.
- Saturday Night Football (on ABC): Brent Musberger, Kirk Herbstreit
- ESPN College Football Primetime: Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe
- ESPN Saturday Primetime: Joe Tessitore, Matt Millen, Jessica Mendoza, Shelly Smith or Shannon Spake.
- ESPN2 College Football Primetime: Mark Jones, Brock Huard, Jessica Mendoza or Shelly Smith
- ESPNU Saturday Primetime: Clay Matvick, Matt Stinchcomb, Allison Williams
- ESPNU College Football Primetime: Rece Davis, Jessie Palmer and David Pollack, Samantha Steele
- ESPN and ESPN2 Friday: Carter Blackburn, Rod Gilmore, Jemele Hill
- ABC Saturday Afternoon: Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman, Quint Kessenich
- ABC Saturday Afternoon: Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham, Jeannine Edwards
- ABC Saturday Afternoon: Bob Wischusen, Danny Kanell, Maria Taylor
- ESPN College Football (Saturday Afternoon): Dave Pasch, Brian Griese, Jenn Brown
- ESPN2 College Football (Saturday Afternoon): Beth Mowins, Joey Galloway
- ESPNU Saturday Afternoon: Anish Shrof, Dan Hawkins
- ESPNU Thursday (HBCU): Joe Davis, Jay Walker
- ESPNU Late Saturday (HBCU): Joe Davis, Jay Walker
- ESPN Radio: Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Joe Schad
- SEC Network (ESPN Regional TV): Dave Neal, Andre Ware, Cara Capuano
- Big East Network (ESPN Regional TV): Eamon McAnaney, David Diaz-Infante, Paul Carcaterra
Maryland's new uniforms honor the state flag
Maryland unveiled some new uniform options today.
While it's safe to say that they probably won't generate as much buzz as last years new addition, the helmets and striping on the uniforms are certainly unique and honor the state flag.
Baylor's new alternate uniforms
While there is no word from Baylor whether these uniforms have officially been added to the lineup, a recruit tweeted out the picture below over the weekend.
The fact that they're showing it to recruits has to count for something. As you can see, there are a few minor changes, including the darker helmet, from their 2011 version.
Kevin Wilson notes interesting stat
As Kevin Wilson spoke during the Hoosier's media day presser late last week, he noted that in order for the program to take significant strides forward this year, they need to have improved play from the quarterback position.
Then Wilson noted an interesting stat on completion percentage.
"Last year as a program, I think we were at 57%." Wilson said. "When I was a player I think our goal was 58%. We thought that was a great passing performance. Well last year if you were 60% you were 60th in the nation, and there's 120 teams."
"In this day and age of high percentage passing and protections the way that coaches have evolved the passing game, all those guys (quarterbacks) have to play better."
While it's no secret that completing a large percentage of your passes normally equals wins, we decided to take a look at some stats over the weekend.
When you take a look at teams that comprised the top ten in completion percentage in 2011 (Boise State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Stanford, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Houston, USC, Arizona, Toledo), those teams went a combined 98-31 last season, and only Northwestern (6-7) and Arizona (4-8) finished with below .500 records.
At this point, the Hoosiers have nearly a week of practices under their belts and are starting to jell, as this camp highlight video shows.
Addazio: "We have to find our edge"
After practice over the weekend, Steve Addazio was asked to share some of his thoughts on entering a new chapter in the Big East. What he said should strike a chord for many coaches around the country entering their own respective camps.
"This new chapter means that we have to find our edge. What's going to give us that edge? As we roll into this new conference right now, what's our edge? How can we make ourselves different. We talk a lot about that."
"One of the things that we can do is all the things that don't take talent, we can do them really well. Tremendous physical conditioning, mental toughness, great assignment knowledge, attention to detail. Those things don't require you to be faster, bigger, stronger, they just require a little bit more mental toughness." Addazio explained.
Video: Texas A&M linebacker drills
Nice video here from Texas A&M's fall camp highlighting linebackers coach Matt Wallerstedt and their linebacker drills.
A solid 4 minutes of footage covering everything from agility work to pass rushing and coverage drills.