The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
- by Zach Barnett 1 year ago
If you go to the movies this weekend, be on the lookout for college football references.
The Starting Five: Our five best stories of the week.
- Good advice from the hardwood: "Body language screams, it never whispers."
- Here's an example of what not to say in a job interview.
- A look at the line of equipment that transformed Iowa State's strength program.
- The day of recknoning is still close to 18 months away, but the time to worry about the College Football Playoff is now.
The Film Room: A sampling of the best videos we posted this week.
- For you high school coaches, put together a video like this to highlight your program's tradition.
- What goes through an offensive coordinator's head on 4th and 1?
- Gary Andersen and some Wisconsin players got together to make a young fan's dream come true.
- Take an all-access look at Penn State's impressive weight room.
The Best in Non-Coaching News: We specialize in coaching news here at The Scoop, but we also keep you up to date with everything going on in the world of college football.
- Studying equals winning. Programs with FBS's top APR scores also happen to produce winning records, while programs at the bottom of the APR scoresheet also happen to struggle on most Saturdays.
- The Learfield Sports Directors' Cup winners have been announced for the top all-around athletic departments in Division I, Division II, Division III and NAIA. Guess what? Stanford wins. Again.
- Also announced this week: 28 ADs were shared Athletic Director of the Year honors.
- What do Ireland, Dubai, the Bahamas and Little Rock, Arkansas, have in common? They could all host new bowl games.