The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
Thank God it's Saturday.
The Starting Five: Our five best stories of the week
- What does Mike Leach have in common with Paul Johnson, and what does Pullman, Wash., have in common with England? Find out in 10 Questions With: Mike Leach.
- New Oklahoma State is getting a major, major raise in moving from Division II Shippensburg to Oklahoma State. How does 700% sound?
- Speaking of salaries, who is college football's latest million-dollar coordinator?
- Jim Bernhardt spent a lifetime as a college and high school coach, but he's never been busier or had more responsibility than he does now as Bill O'Brien's right-hand man.
- How Cam Cameron's experiences at the intersection of a very interesting life shape the way he coaches to this day.
The Film Room: We're going to split this up into categories this week.
The Best in Non-Coaching News: We at FootballScoop major in coaching news, but that doesn't mean we aren't aware of everything else happening in the college football world.
- You can officially make your weekend plans for the fall because the NFL regular-season schedule is now out.
- Speaking of schedules, the ACC has announced Notre Dame's five-game ACC slate for 2014-16.
- South Florida has announced home-and-home series with Maryland and Wisconsin.
- Big Ten presidents could approve a nine-game conference schedule for 2016 as early as next week.
- Marshall has announced plans for a new indoor facility.
- Iowa has issued a proposal to build an $8 million sound, video upgrade at Kinnick Stadium.
- Finally, at the end of a really crummy week, here's a great gesture from UMass at Saturday's spring game.