The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
- by Zach Barnett 1 year ago
While you were out watching baseball's opening week, we were busy compiling everything you need to know from this week.
The Starting Five: our five best stories of the week.
- This guy gets is. 10 questions with Cal head coach Sonny Dykes.
- Among NCAA Tournament teams, who gets paid more: football coaches or basketball coaches. The answer? Closer than the experts think.
- We took a trip down to Baylor to see the staff and the facilites. Has Baylor arrived? "Just the tip of the iceberg."
- Nick Aliotti explained the type of leadership that separates the good teams from the great ones.
- Mike Leach has never been afraid to share his thoughts on any subject. So what does he think of practice scuffles?
The Film Room: each week we come across numerous videos from around the college football universe. Here are the best we posted this week.
- Check out the second installment of Colorado's excellent offseason series, Proving Grounds.
- We've been waiting for this one since February. Vanderbilt's all-access signing day video.
- You have to run a drill that is named after you. The Sooners run the Oklahoma drill.
- Todd Graham's man cave is better than yours.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden made his acting debut this week.
Non-coaching news you need to know about: We major in coaching news at FootballScoop, but we also keep you up-to-date on anything else going on in college football.
- The College Football Hall of Fame is opening in downtown Atlanta in the fall of 2014, and the National Football Foundation released a virtual tour of the massive building on Friday.
- Get ready to make room in your brain for the American Athletic Conference, the (soon to be) conference formerly known as the Big East.
- If you're a gluttion for meaningless football, the NFL released its preseason schedule this week.
- Spring games don't truly get cranking until next week, but here's the (updated) spring football TV schedule.