The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
While you were out watching baseball's opening week, we were busy compiling everything you need to know from this week.
The Starting Five: our five best stories of the week.
- This guy gets is. 10 questions with Cal head coach Sonny Dykes.
- Among NCAA Tournament teams, who gets paid more: football coaches or basketball coaches. The answer? Closer than the experts think.
- We took a trip down to Baylor to see the staff and the facilites. Has Baylor arrived? "Just the tip of the iceberg."
- Nick Aliotti explained the type of leadership that separates the good teams from the great ones.
- Mike Leach has never been afraid to share his thoughts on any subject. So what does he think of practice scuffles?
The Film Room: each week we come across numerous videos from around the college football universe. Here are the best we posted this week.
- Check out the second installment of Colorado's excellent offseason series, Proving Grounds.
- We've been waiting for this one since February. Vanderbilt's all-access signing day video.
- You have to run a drill that is named after you. The Sooners run the Oklahoma drill.
- Todd Graham's man cave is better than yours.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden made his acting debut this week.
Non-coaching news you need to know about: We major in coaching news at FootballScoop, but we also keep you up-to-date on anything else going on in college football.
- The College Football Hall of Fame is opening in downtown Atlanta in the fall of 2014, and the National Football Foundation released a virtual tour of the massive building on Friday.
- Get ready to make room in your brain for the American Athletic Conference, the (soon to be) conference formerly known as the Big East.
- If you're a gluttion for meaningless football, the NFL released its preseason schedule this week.
- Spring games don't truly get cranking until next week, but here's the (updated) spring football TV schedule.