The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
While you were out mourning your busted bracket, we were compiling everything you need to know from this week.
The Starting Five: our five best stories of the week.
- Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison and Oklahoma offensive coordinator Josh Heupel were each the benficiaries of contract extensions this week, and we took the opportunity to examin the salaries of Big Ten defensive coordinators and Big 12 offensive coordinators.
- Stanford head coach David Shaw has a very specific guideline he wants his staff to look for when they go recruiting.
- Twitter superstar and Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson talked about the power Twitter gives coaches in defining their program and controlling the message.
- For anyone wondering what exactly the job of director of player personnel entails, Ohio State's Mark Pantoni gave a great description to Big Ten Network.
The Film Room: each week we come across a great number of videos from around the country. Here's a sampling of the best videos we posted this week.
- Georgia Southern announced its move from the FCS to FBS earlier this week with the help of a fantastic video.
- Penn gave us a look at what the facilities are like in the Ivy League.
- Vanderbilt's contact drills went in a steady progression this week: 1-on-1, 4-on-4 and front-on-front.
- Who wants to watch a high schooler throw up 700 pounds on the bench press?
The best in non-coaching news: We major in coaching news at FootballScoop, but we also keep you up-to-date on anything else going on in college football.
- As we mentioned above, Georgia Southern and three other programs are joining the Sun Belt.
- The 2015 national championship game has likely found a home at Cowboys Stadium and, with Tulsa joining the soon-to-be-renamed Big East, we provided an updated roster of the Big East, Conference USA and Sun Belt.
- Here's a comprehensive spring game TV schedule. More than 30 schools will be on TV or the Internet in the coming weeks.
- Cal isn't ready to reveal its new uniforms yet, so it provided an announcement about the announcement. Also, Jason Kidd is involved.
- The Rose, Sugar and Orange bowls have already been selected as part of the upcoming college football playoff system. The Fiesta, Cotton, Holiday and Chick-fil-A bowls are now vying for the three available spots.