- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Mike Leach held an online chat, and the results were predictable
The Seattle Times had the good fortune of hosting Washington State head coach Mike Leach for an online chat on Friday afternoon. Outside of the typical football questions (he's excited about how the team finished 2012, and he wants to see improvement from the offensive line this spring), the chat wandered off the sports page in typical Leach fashion.
Here were the best results:
Hamburglar: Do you believe in karma? If so, why?
Leach: Yes. It's hard to define karma. Anything positive that exists in life usually comes from some level of positive energy, and that generally comes from hard work and good people. I think belief enters into that also, sort of like momentum.
Mike E: Which of the players on this year's team would be the best pirate?
Leach: The ones that run and hit the best.
Cougjones33: Hey coach what books have you been reading lately? Any recommendations?
Leach: I'm reading Barry Alvarez' biography, and S---- My Dad Says. But also, I'm working on a book on Geronimo with Buddy Levy, a professor at Washington State who stars on History Decoded.
Joey: If you had a time machine...where would you go first?
Leach: That's a pretty good one. I could list places all day. I'd start with the Garden of Eden.
Jasona5: In honor of Presidents' Day...Who is your favorite president?
Leach: Washington's almost superhuman, when you consider his body of work and sticking to things when he really didn't have much support, and then turning down the opportunity to be king of this country, because he had a broader vision than that. Typically, I've always said Abraham Lincoln, and in the modern day, Ronald Reagan. We haven't had a president that's performed as well as he has since.
Read the full chat for yourself here.