- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Muschamp: 'Our system has been pretty good'
Will Muschamp met with the media on Friday, one day after the Gators' defensive coordinator Dan Quinn departed for a similar position with the Seattle Seahawks. Following Quinn's departure, Muschamp wasted no time in promoting linebackers coach/special teams coordinator D.J. Durkin to defensive coordinator.
"We're really excited about D.J. Durkin being our defensive coordinator," Muschamp said. "D.J.'s similar to Dan in a sense that the guy's a very smart, bright, energetic. Dan had never called defenses until he showed up at Florida, and he did a pretty good job in two years. D.J. hasn't, either. We're going to be good."
Muschamp clearly has a lot of confidence in his ability to teach defense, to players and coaches alike.
"More than anything to me, he understands our system," Muschamp continued. "Our system's been pretty good, and we're going to continue to be really good."
In Florida's first year under Muschamp, the Gators defense ranked eighth nationally in total defense and 20th in scoring defense in a 7-6 finish. Florida jumped to fifth nationally in both total and scoring defense to go with a No. 2 ranking in pass efficiency defense and fourth in rushing defense in an 11-2 campaign this fall.
"Obviously, the results he had on special teams were outstanding," Muschamp explained. "A great teacher, he sees the big picture of the game, what it takes to be successful."
The thought here is Durkin can lead a defense equally well as he did with Florida's special teams. He is the reigning FootballScoop Special Teams Coordinator of the Year after all.