- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- AD Scoop
2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2013 Offensive Coordinator
- 2013 Defensive Coordinator
- 2013 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2013 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2013 Running Backs Coach
- 2013 Offensive Line Coach
- 2013 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Line Coach
- 2013 Linebackers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2013 FCS Coordinator
- 2013 Division II Coordinator
- 2013 Division III Coordinator
- 2013 NAIA Coordinator
- 2013 Director of Operations
- 2013 Strength & Conditioning
- 2013 Director of Player Personnel
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
Best of the rest: quotes from AFCA
In case you missed any of our content from the AFCA Convention earlier this week, here's your chance to get caught up: Craig Bohl on the importance of leadership, the four pillars of David Shaw's program, Bill Snyder's true magical ability, how Glenn Caruso built his program at St. Thomas, how (and how not) to get a head coaching job and inside the grad assistant career forum.
There's a lot of wisdom from a bunch of successful coaches packed into those articles, but there was even more that didn't make it into those pieces. So rather than let them die on the cutting room floor, we thought we'd share the wisdom in one all-encompassing post.
What were your favorite quotes from AFCA? Email us at email@example.com and we'll post the best ones.
Craig Bohl on influential leaders... "If they say something's purple and it looks red, you're telling them it's purple, too."
Bohl on trusting your instincts as a coach... "When your instincts tell you something, you need to move then. Don't wait for the data to back up your intuition."
Sonny Dykes on the value of listening... "The smartest guy in the room is the guy that's listening."
Brick Haley on his message to his players... "I tell my players I'm fluent in two languages, English and profanity. You choose which one you get."
Glenn Caruso on the game being bigger than any one person... "I tell my players, I love you but if you get hurt in practice, I'm moving the drill 15 yards and we're moving on. If I get hit by a garbage truck on Wednesday, they go to my funeral on Friday, win on Saturday and review the tape on Sunday."
Caruso on his program's true strength... "What's the best thing we do? I think we build. We don't necessarily build championships, I think we build people."
Caruso on knowing his strengths... "I'm not good looking, I'm not brilliant, I'm not a lot of things, but I am a persistent sucker."
Jimbo Fisher on defining character traits... "Accountability and dependability are the two most important abilities you can have in life."
Fisher on change... "Things change constantly. If we don't change, we get stuck in a rut."
Fisher on the true role of coaching... "We are here for (the players), they aren't here for us. Not one of us would have a job if it wasn't for them. I think we forget that."
David Shaw on living in the moment... "I tell guys all the time, be a college kid. When it's gone, you're going to miss it."
Bill Snynder on why he came back to coaching... "My return had nothing to do with football and everything to do with the young people of this university."