The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
- by Zach Barnett 1 year ago
It's now June, which means this time next month we'll be able to say, "college football starts next month." It's the little things in life....
The Starting Five: Our five best stories of the week.
- The hottest ticket in college football belongs to.........Old Dominion?
- With the NCAA baseball tournament underway, we tabulated the 11 Division I programs that appeared in the football, basketball and baseball postseasons.
- Does staff size equate to winning? A look at the largest and smallest coaching staffs in the NFL.
- How do you beat an elite defensive mind? According to Philadelphia Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland, you make him uncomfortable.
- What's the best way to build a successful coaching career? Here are five characteristics that each succcessful coach shares.
The Film Room: A sampling of the best videos we posted this week.
- Les Miles cascaded down a 24-story building and we have the pictures and video to prove it.
- Inside the creative process of Baylor's new uniforms.
- Looking back to 2012 a bit to see Oregon's filthy season highlight reel.
- A great 2013 hype video from Middle Tennessee.
- If you're a high school linebacker, this video will make you want to go to Penn State.
- Speaking of recruiting, the first installment in Miami's new series will play great with the Hurricanes' prospects.
- One of the most passionate coaches in college football, P.J. Fleck shares his vision for Western Michigan football.
The Best in Non-Coaching News: Busy week this week for late May.
- The SoCon has announced the additions of VMI, East Tennessee State and Mercer. Why fans of each program should thank a Pittsburgh or Syracuse fan for their good fortune.
- The Pac-12 has announced its early-season TV schedule. Thursday nights are about to get even better.
- The American Athletic Conference has revealed its official logos.
- Three more coaches have been chosen to the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Things actually decided on at this week's Big 12 meetings: the conference will use an eighth official this fall, and the league's bowl line-up was finalized.