The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
- by Zach Barnett 1 year ago
The Starting Five: Our five best stories of the week.
- Lots of Three and Outs this week: Not a good stat for the Big Ten in its eternal struggle with the SEC, the New York Yankees are jumping feet first into the college football business, a special all-Tom Osborne edition to mark his retirement and are you ready for 50 years of Kirk Herbstreit in your life?
- Our second Coach-to-Coach Mailbag features Toledo head coach Matt Campbell.
- Some analytics experts have attempted to rank college football teams in order of excitement. Where does your team stand?
The Film Room: A sampling of the best videos we posted this week.
- If you watch one video, make it this awesome 2013 hype video.
- Great video put together by a sports media class at Oregon.
- N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren gets coached up like never before.
- Visit Oklahoma State's campus without leaving your desk.
- A great 2013 hype video for Temple.
- Arizona makes a STATEment with this ticket pitch video.
The Best in Non-Coaching News: We major in coaching news at The Scoop, but we also keep you up-to-date on everything you need to know inside the world of football.
- Arizona State's season-ticket renewals are at 93 percent, up more than 15 percent from last season. "This is pretty much unheard of in sports."
- They've found a culprit in the Howard's Rock scandal at Clemson. He's an 18-year-old Tiger fan. Sigh.
- Michigan will introduce a dynamic pricing plan this fall. Apparently Notre Dame is a hotter ticket than Ohio State.
- USC and Notre Dame will extend their rivalry through 2023.
- BYU and USC also struck a deal this week.
- Oregon is now on a three-year probation for recruiting violations under Chip Kelly.