- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
A California HS team outscored the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday
Earlier this month we brought you the story of the Mississippi high school game that ended 82-80 in regulation. Fremont (CA) High School topped that on Friday in its 90-56 win over San Jose Harker (CA).
Yes, 90-56. According to the San Jose Mercury News, the mark bests the California state record of 82, set in 2005 and matched in 2008.
Not only did Fremont better any high school football scoring mark, they also topped the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers, who scored 82 points in a preseason game the night before.
According to the box score provided by MaxPreps, the Firebirds led 50-49 at halftime before winning the second half, 41-6.
The game opened with eight touchdowns in the first quarter as Fremont led 29-28. The teams followed that up with six more scores in the second quarter as Harker won the frame, 22-20.
We're not sure whether Fremont made some excellent defensive halftime adjustments or the Harker offense simply got tired, but the Firebirds pitched a shutout in the third quarter and allowed just six points in the fourth quarter.
At this point it's only a matter of days until a high school team reaches 100 points.