- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Hear from Northwestern's strength staff
Northwestern has made some major strides as a program over the past 12 months.
At this point last season, the Wildcats were sitting at 2-5 and had to battle to earn bowl eligibility. This season, they're sitting at 6-2 (2-2 in conference), and are looking at their fifth straight bowl appearance, and hoping to tally their first win in those four trips.
From everything that we've heard out of Evanston, the strength and conditioning staff took made sure that they took their offseason training to the next level following 6-7 season of 2011.
Featured in this video are two strength and conditioning assistants who used to line up against each other in the very competitive College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin. The CCIW is regarded by many to be one of the top three Division III football conferences in the country. The third member of the staff that is featured in the video is Troy Sutton, who serves as the assistant director of strength and conditioning.
Jose Jose Palma (who played defensive line at North Park) and Derek Sulo (an All American running back at North Central) have come together in Evanston as two pieces of a staff built on ensuring that the Wildcats put in the year round work that is required to win a Big Ten title under head coach Pat Fitzgerald.
Palma recently became a full time member of the strength staff, while Sulo is currently working as a graduate assistant. Hear from each of them, as well as coach Sutton, in the clip below about their journey, as well as some of the philosophies within the Wildcat strength and performance program, and what makes the Northwestern environment special.
Some really good content in here from some quality people on what it takes to do what they do, and what it means to them to have the unique opportunity of working under coach Fitz in a Big Ten environment.