- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Holgorsen: "We don't have time to pout"
Coming off their first loss of the season last weekend to Texas Tech, West Virginia (5-1, 2-1) has no time to "pout" as they take on a top five Kansas State squad this weekend.
“It doesn’t matter who you’ve got the next week, you don’t have time to pout. Nobody’s going to feel sorry for you, so basically what you’ve got to do is you can’t let it beat you twice." Dana Holgorsen explained to 790 The Zone in Atlanta.
Holgorsen says that they addressed what they need to fix from a schematic and mental standpoint last weekend and are ready to take on the Wildcats tomorrow.
"That’s what this profession and this game is all about.” he said.
Holgorsen also referenced how disciplined he remembers Bill Snyder's teams being from his days as a position coach and offensive coordinator at other Big 12 schools.
"They’re just so disciplined. I’ve got such an appreciation for it. When I was an offensive coordinator and a position coach going against Coach Snyder, it happened four or five times...you just know that they play so hard. They’re disciplined in everything that they do. They don’t beat themselves. But, as a head coach, you gain even more of an appreciation for what he does with his program."
This year is no different for Snyder, who's team discipline has shown not only in their record (6-0, 3-0) but also in their statistics. Kansas State is the least penalized team in the country (just over 22 ypg), and rank among the top teams in the country in turnover margin (+10). Also, Kansas State has been able to put together long, sustained drives to eat up the clock. Dating back to last season, the Wildcats are 12-3 when they've controlled the clock and had the ball longer than their opponent.
We also noticed that when the Wildcats score on defense and special teams they are 15-0 under Snyder, and the Wildcats lead the nation in non-offensive touchdowns scored dating back to 1999 with 84.
The two Big 12 teams will face off at 7pm ET and the game can be seen on FOX.