- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Tom Osborne will be missed
Former Nebraska coach and current Huskers Athletic Director Tom Osborne announced on Wednesday that he would be retiring effective January 1, 2013, leaving the university he has been a part of since 1964. A member of the college football Hall of Fame, Osborne became head coach of the Huskers in 1973 and compiled a 255-49-3 record, winning three National Championships.
At today’s announcement, Osborne injected some humor when describing why he had decided to step away, "I don't want to be one of those guys that everybody is walking around wringing their hands and trying to figure out 'What are we going to do with him?'"
That got us thinking about some of Coach Osborne’s other most famous quotes from his storied football career:
"My hardest job is to convince the people of Nebraska that 10-1 is not a losing season."
“I'm not really good at retiring. I tried that one time and Nancy ran me out of the house.”
"You can tell by looking at me that I've got more miles behind me than I've got in front of me. When you reach that point, if you've got some good years left, you make sure you use them."
"Everybody's got to do what they've got to do."
"The odds are always against you no matter what your previous history is. You have to overcome the tendency to relax."
Osborne will certainly be missed.