- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- AD Scoop
2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2013 Offensive Coordinator
- 2013 Defensive Coordinator
- 2013 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2013 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2013 Running Backs Coach
- 2013 Offensive Line Coach
- 2013 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Line Coach
- 2013 Linebackers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2013 FCS Coordinator
- 2013 Division II Coordinator
- 2013 Division III Coordinator
- 2013 NAIA Coordinator
- 2013 Director of Operations
- 2013 Strength & Conditioning
- 2013 Director of Player Personnel
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
Radio guys embarrass themselves during interview with Kevin Wilson
Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson appeared this morning on 1260 AM in Indianapolis with Zakk & Jack.
“Jack” is Jack Trudeau, the former Illinois and Indianapolis Colts quarterback. Zakk is some guy who spells his name “Zakk.” Really?
Let’s just say the interview didn’t go too well and quite frankly, we understand why.
After being on hold for an usually extended roll-in to the segment that featured the Indiana fight song, Wilson went off on Zakk & Jack.
Just imagine a radio host keeping Nick Saban on hold 3 minutes, then running Alabama's fight song nearly in its entirety, then talking amongst themselves for a few minutes, then joking about Saban’s team? (Boy, I bet that would go over well. Can you say, "Pink Slips?")
As any head coach inheriting a struggling program like the one Wilson has taken over, there comes a point when you get tired of hearing about all the negatives, no tradition, small crowds, lack of players, and lack of winning.
If you didn’t think you could change that, then you wouldn’t accept the challenge.
After the roll-in featuring the Indiana fight song, Jack joked with Indiana opening up in Lucas Oil Stadium against Ball State, Wilson is getting his guys use to playing at Lucas Oil for when they play in the Big Ten Championship game.
Zakk & Jack: Coach, how you are?
Wilson: Not doing as good as you guys. You guys got a bunch of jokes this morning. What’s happening?
Zakk & Jack: You sound like you’ve been doing some screaming at practice, are we yelling at the players already?
Wilson: No, we’re yelling at media guys that don’t have a clue.
Zakk & Jack: You’re not referring to us, are you?
Wilson: No, I’m referring to that fight song. I remember putting 61 on the Illini a few years back too when I was at Northwestern and they (Northwestern) kinda stunk as the time, too. Anyway, I’ve got some things to do, what do you guys need?
Zakk & Jack: Oh, you’re already ready to get rid of us?
Wilson: Very much so. So what’s happening? I don’t have time to listen to guys to talk about fight songs and Indiana and no tradition.
Later on, after some hairy exchanges, Wilson made the point, “It’s not like climbing Mount Everest. I just don’t like guys cracking jokes about our program.”
The truth of the matter is that it’s a privilege for the two jackleg radio guys to get to interview a head coach like Wilson. Let’s be honest, Wilson didn’t have to take time out of one the busiest days of the year, during August camp, to do this interview. Then you ease into the interview with the fight song and an untimely joke.
Why would any coach in the country ever go on this radio show again?