Todd Grantham becomes the next college assistant to almost join the $1 million club
- by Zach Barnett 4 months ago
Todd Grantham earned $850,000 as Georgia's defensive coordinator in 2013, which placed him fifth nationally among all coordinators.
At Louisville, he'll receive a bump in pay to $975,000... and see his ranking drop to sixth, thanks to a massive raise for LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and a $1 million contract for new Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.
The Louisville Courier-Journal reported Tuesday that new Cardinals coordinators Grantham and offensive coordinator Garrick McGee will make a total of $1.625 million. McGee will make $650,000, a $100,000 raise from what he earned as UAB's head coach in 2013.
In total, while Bobby Petrino himself will earn $700,000 less than Charlie Strong in 2013, his staff will be paid half a million more, up from $2.7 million in 2013 to $3.2 million in 2014.
Thanks to the Courier-Journal, here's how the Louisville staff payroll breaks down:
- Todd Grantham, defensive coordinator: $975,000
- Garrick McGee, offensive coordinator: $650,000
- Chris Klenakis, offensive line: $300,000
- Greg Brown, safeties/recruiting coordinator: $300,000
- Tony Grantham, inside linebackers/special teams coordinator: $300,000
- Terrell Buckey, cornerbacks: $200,000
- Lamar Thomas, wide receivers: $200,000
- Kolby Smith, running backs: $150,000
- L.D. Scott, defensive line: $150,000