George Deleone: I've got to get up to speed technology-wise
- by Administrator 3 years ago
UCONN offensive coordinator / tight ends coach George Deleone began coaching in 1970.
Deleone has coached at Southern Connecticut State, Rutgers, Holy Cross, Syracuse, San Diego Chargers, Syracuse (again), Ole Miss, Temple, Miami Dolphins, and UCONN.
A lot has changed over that time, especially in technology and recruiting.
Deleone told the Hartford Courant, “I can't do the freaking thing; it's ridiculous. But you can't function without it (social media), and you know what? I'm going to have to get better at it.”
Deleone best summed things up by saying, “They're not adapting to what I do."
He added, “Right now I've been going on e-mails and I've got my young coaches over there and they help me stay in touch on Facebook, but I'm gonna say this to you: I've got to get up to speed technology-wise. The big thing for me right now is being able to turn on the computer. I absolutely have to get up to speed. A lot of that technology has infiltrated young America, and that's our clientele, so we have to adapt to what they do.”
We have a couple of recommendations for Coach Deleone and any others in a similiar situation.
1. Download the FootballScoop iPhone app
2. Create a twitter account and then download the twitter app on your phone
3. Be sure follow @footballscoop
4. Create a facebook page, then find the FootballScoop Staff on facebook. Almost 5,000 coaches have friended us on facebook.