- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- AD Scoop
2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2013 Offensive Coordinator
- 2013 Defensive Coordinator
- 2013 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2013 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2013 Running Backs Coach
- 2013 Offensive Line Coach
- 2013 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Line Coach
- 2013 Linebackers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2013 FCS Coordinator
- 2013 Division II Coordinator
- 2013 Division III Coordinator
- 2013 NAIA Coordinator
- 2013 Director of Operations
- 2013 Strength & Conditioning
- 2013 Director of Player Personnel
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
Connecticut lands Bob Diaco as its new head coach
Notre Dame assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Bob Diaco will be the new head coach at Connecticut, sources tell us. We are told the deal is being prepared now and will be official later Wednesday night.
Update> CBS is adding now that the deal will be five years for Diaco beginning at $1.5 million.
This is the first first head coaching job for Diaco but, equally interesting. this is the second Notre Dame coordinator to take a head coaching job this season. Offensive coordinator Chuck Martin was named the head coach at Miami (Ohio) on December 3.
Can only imagine what Brian Kelly is thinking right now...— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 12, 2013
Diaco brings an engaging and charismatic personality at a program - following the dismissal of Paul Pasqualoni - that desperately needs an engaging and charismatic personality.
Diaco will win the press conference.— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 12, 2013
Diaco won FootballScoop's Defensive Coordinator of the Year award in 2012 while guiding Notre Dame to the top 10 nationally in a dozen different defensive categories, including touchdowns surrendered (16, 1st), scoring defense (12.77, 2nd) and total defense (305.5 yards per game, 7th).
Diaco worked with Brian Kelly in his final season at Cincinnati and then followed Kelly to Notre Dame in 2010. He played at Iowa from 1992-95, and then worked as a graduate assistant for the the Hawkeyes in 1996-97. From there, he worked at Western Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Central Michigan and Virginia, coaching a combination of linebackers, running backs and special teams before working his way up to defensive coordinator.
Diaco is a very astute coach and has been preparing for this day for a long time. UConn is getting a good one.— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 12, 2013
I'm anxious to see who he brings on as OC (and really for the rest of the staff). Needs an innovative OC. Critical hire.— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 12, 2013
Diaco takes over a program that went 3-9 this season and holds just a 13-23 mark since winning the Big East and making a Fiesta Bowl appearance in 2010.
Diaco is the eighth FBS head coach - and second of Wednesday night - to be hired this season, following Steve Sarkisian (USC), Chris Petersen (Washington), Chuck Martin (Miami, Ohio), Bryan Harsin (Boise State), Craig Bohl (Wyoming), Dave Clawson (Wake Forest) and Chris Creighton (Eastern Michigan).
As always, we will have more updates as they become available.