- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Updated With Quotes: USC has fired Lane Kiffin
Well, that was quick.
Following last night's 62-41 loss to Arizona State, USC athletics director has fired head coach Lane Kiffin. Haden informed Kiffin of his decision in the wee hours of Sunday morning following the Trojans' return to Los Angeles.
Press release re: Kiffin issued at 4:35 am local time. Here's official release on the release: http://t.co/X35VB0Ur6f— Phil de Montmollin (@pdemontmollin) September 29, 2013
#USC A.D. Pat Haden met with advisers during Arizona State's 28-0 run in third quarter and that's when decision made to fire Lane Kiffin— InsideUSC (@InsideUSC) September 29, 2013
Lane Kiffin got pulled off the team bus at Los Angeles International Airport by Pat Haden when he was fired #USC— InsideUSC (@InsideUSC) September 29, 2013
Pat Haden, J.K. McKay, Steve Lopes, Mark Jackson (#USC administrators) met with Lane Kiffin at LAX parking lot to dismiss him— InsideUSC (@InsideUSC) September 29, 2013
The loss dropped USC to 3-2 on the season and 0-2 in Pac-12 play. Following a preseason No. 1 ranking and a 6-1 start to the 2012 season, the Trojans have dropped seven of their last 11 games and, most importantly, six of their last seven Pac-12 games. Kiffin was 28-15 overall at USC.
Still just 38-years-old, Kiffin succeeded his former boss Pete Carroll following the 2009 season after one season as Tennessee's head coach. Before that, Kiffin spent two seasons as the head coach of the Oakland Raiders and six seasons as an offensive assistant at USC, including two seasons as offensive coordinator.
Haden will hold a press conference this afternoon to explain his decision and discuss where USC goes from here. The Trojans have seven games remaining on the schedule, including dates with Notre Dame, Stanford and UCLA, and next play Thursday, October 10 against Arizona (10:30 p.m. ET, Fox Sports 1).
As always, we will have more details as they become available.
Update >> Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron will serve as USC's interim head coach, according to reports from multiple outlets.