The Scoop on What You Missed This Week
- by Zach Barnett 1 year ago
There will be football on television every weekend for the next 28 weeks. Hallelujah.
The Starting Five: Our five best stories of the week.
- An enlightening interview with Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo on how to run a program at the service academy level and how to manage a work-life balance.
- Speaking of work-life balance, is that becoming an issue for Urban Meyer again?
- The small company behind college football's massive helmet craze.
- Is this the next leg of the facilities arms race? Oklahoma thinks they've built the best dorm in the country.
The Film Room: A sampling of the best videos we posted this week.
- Do uniforms actually matter in recruiting? These coaches think so.
- Check out this great uniform reveal from an NAIA program.
- "The Pac-12 is better at this presentation stuff than every other conference combined."
- The Ragin' Cajuns' head coach is much stronger than your head coach.
- Improve your program in eight minutes by learning from Miami's nutrition program.
The Best in Non-Coaching News: News you need to know outside of The Scoop.
- The USA Today Coaches' Poll is out.
- ESPN will show 69 weeknight football games this fall. Amen to that.
- First practice dates for (almost) all 125 FBS programs, all in one place.
- Texas A&M-Commerce has the most insane midfield logo you'll ever see.
- If you're from the Midwest or Texas, you'll love this list. If you're from Florida, you'd probably just stay away. The top 10 metro areas in the country for high school football.
- Arizona State and Cal will star in their own version of Hard Knocks.