- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Division 2 Coordinator of the YearFootballScoop is proud to announce that Scott Preston (Arkansas Tech) is the 2009 FootballScoop D2 Coordinator of the Year powered by Muscle Milk®.
Arkansas Tech won 9 games including a 1st round playoff win over UNC-Pembroke, behind one of the most highly powered offensive attacks in D2 football. Under the tutelage of offensive coordinator Scott Preston, Tech quarterback Nick Graziano became a finalist for the Harlon Hill Trophy, which is awarded to the nation’s top player in D2 football. Graziano threw for 38 touchdowns, while the Tech offense averaged an impressive 527 yards per game (2nd nationally).
Preston’s offense led the nation in 3rd down conversion percentage at 59.6%. How impressive is that 59.6% conversion rate? It was the highest rate for a team in D1, D1-AA, D2, or D3. Only six D1 teams finished above the 50% rate on the season. Five D2 teams finished above 50%.
Coach Preston told FootballScoop, “This is my third season here and the guys really have embraced this offense. We have a great coaching staff and they should all share in this award. I would like to thank FootballScoop for all that they do for coaches and I also want to thank Muscle Milk® for sponsoring this great set of awards.”
Arkansas Tech averaged 40.7 points per game (5th nationally), allowed just 0.83 sacks per game (5th nationally), and threw for 386 yards per game (3rd nationally). Both Landon Turner and Frantz Simeon finished in the top 10 nationally in receptions per game.
One opposing coach told us, “They run a lot of plays…get a lot of plays started to let their wide outs make plays. The screen package is solid. It was really tough on us. Coach Preston is doing a really nice job.”
After consecutive 5 win seasons, Arkansas Tech finished this season 2nd in the Gulf South Conference, losing twice to perennial power North Alabama and once to West Alabama.
Preston was nominated by his peers and was selected by a panel of coaches, former coaches, and previous winner. Other finalists for the award were Bob Crocker (Nebraska-Kearney - defensive coordinator) and Joe Lorig (Central Washington – defensive coordinator).
Preston will receive his award at the AFCA Convention in January and will receive a complimentary supply of various Muscle Milk® and CytoSport products.